Skip to content

NCHS Board Approves Asbestos Abatement Bids, LCD Screen For Assembly Hall

By Travis Volz

Bids for the asbestos abatement project were approved during the regular meeting of Nashville Community High School Board of Education meeting last Monday.

Talbert ICS out of St. Louis submitted the low bid for the abatement project at $185,632, and Countryside Carpets of O’Fallon, Mo., bid $38,540 to replace flooring in areas having asbestos removal. Per the recommendation of consultants from the EPA, both bids were approved by the Board, and the work will begin this summer.

NCHS athletic director Wayne Harre made a proposal for a LCD video display message board to be installed at Assembly Hall.

Under the terms of the 5-year contract with Slamdunk Sports Marketing, the LCD display would be installed at no cost to the District. The company would sell advertising on the board, and once a threshold was reached, would split the profits from the advertising revenue. District 99 would receive 60 percent and Slamdunk Sports Marketing would take the other 40 percent. Additionally, at the conclusion of the contract, the District would be able to sell advertising on its own. The Board approved the proposal.

For More, Please Read The March 25 Edition Of The Nashville News.

Leave a Comment