Visit the Nashville Dairy Queen for a fundraising night for the Nashville Public Library on Wednesday, April 15, from 5 – 8 p.m. Help the library to reach their goal and they will receive 20 percent of sales during that time period.
Please mention the library fundraiser when ordering or pick up a flyer at the library to use as a reminder. All sales, including cakes and boxed treats, count towards the fundraiser.
Proceeds from the fundraising night go to the Friends of the Nashville Public Library, who use money from book sales and other fundraisers to support the library with its programs and activities. In 2014, the Friends contributed the following:
* $500 for a new microfilm cabinet
* $150 to the Washington County Arts Council for Stone Soup Shakespeare
* $50 in memorials to the library
* $265 for an annual movie license
* $500 for the Summer Reading Program
* $450 in speaker’s fees or applications to the Illinois Humanities Council
* $238 for a new sidewalk sign to advertise events
* $163 to Mike Anderson, storyteller/musician for Family Reading Night in November (partnered with Nashville Grade School)
* Book Page subscription for library users
* Prizes for programs
* Program refreshments
* Books donated to the library after reviews in The Nashville News
* Delivery of library books to skilled-care residents