Important Upcoming Dates:
May 12 National Honor Society Induction Ceremony – 8:15 a.m.
May 17 Baccalaureate – 2 p.m.
May 19 Academic Awards Ceremony – 1:58 p.m.
May 19 Last Day for Seniors
May 21 Final Exams for first and second hour classes
May 22 Final Exams for 3rd, 5th, and 7th hour classes – 2:10 Dismissal
May 22 Mandatory Graduation Practice – 9:30 a.m.
May 24 Graduation – 2 p.m.
May 26 Final Exams for 4th and 6th hour classes – 11:30 a.m. Dismissal
Semester Exams: Semester Exams for Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors are May 21 (periods 1 and 2), 22 (periods 3, 5, and 7), and 26 (periods 4 and 6). Students are encouraged to begin studying early.
1. Students are to attend each exam period at the scheduled time appropriate to their classes. An exception to this would be students who have 6th period study hall or P.E. These students will not have to report to that exam period. These students will be required to obtain an off grounds permit for 6th period (with prior parental permission only). Another exception would be students who have 4th period PE or study hall and 6th period P.E. or study hall. They will not be required to report to school on the third day of exams.
2. Students will remain in the classroom for the length of the exam period. Students should not be in the hallways for any reason during the exam periods.
3. Exams must be given during the scheduled time. Any deviation from this must be cleared by the administration in advance.
4. The semester exam is worth 20% or 1/5 of the semester grade.
5. Exams are a course requirement. All students must take the final exam to pass the class.
6. Each exam period will be 90 minutes in length.
7. Students are not allowed to leave the building during breaks.
International Business Summer Academy: Juniors and Seniors are invited to attend this two-day program at Saint Louis University on June 17-19. Students will learn about international business and the benefits of a career in international business and hear from globally published international business faculty and successful business practitioners with extensive international experience. Final deadline for application is June 8. For more information and an application see: http://business.slu.edu/ibacademy
Scholarships: Now is a great time to begin looking for scholarships to college. Some scholarships are local and others are nationwide. Many scholarships are given directly from the college/university. Don’t forget to check their websites for information on their scholarship application process. We will continue to publish scholarship information weekly as we receive it.
Our scholarship list is becoming very lengthy, please see a complete list of scholarships and their descriptions on Mrs. Luessenheide’s website page: https://sites.google.com/a/nashville-k12.org/luessenheide/scholarships or Mrs. Maschhoff’s: https://sites.google.com/a/nashville-k12.org/luessenheide/scholarships
Upcoming Scholarship Deadlines:
* Gutzler–Wilder Memorial Scholarship – May 8
* Emergency Medical Services for Children Scholarship – May 22
* Kaskaskia Fine and Performing Arts Scholarship – June 30
ACT Testing Dates: The next ACT test with open registration is June 13. Registration is due by May 8. Students may register at www.ACTStudent.org. NCHS school code is 143-110