Ora Mae Droege 824-6326
St. Salvator Lutheran Church, Venedy IL
Rev. Art Eichhorn, Pastor
9:00 am Sunday School
10:00am Sunday Morning Worship Service, first Sunday in Lent
Deuteronomy 26: 1 – 11; Romans 10: 8 – 13; Luke 4: 1 – 13
7:30 pm Ash Wednesday Services and February 17 Lenten Services
St. Johns United Church of Christ, Johannisburg, IL
Rev. Bill Groennert, Pastor
8:30 am Sunday worship Service
7:00 pm Ash Wednesday Services at Zion UCC Addieville
7:00pm Wednesday February 17th, Devotion and Bible Study at Zion UCC
Please remember St John’s Mission Project for January and February is CHOW
If Jesus is a stranger, you better check your circle of friends.
The Elkhorn Hunting and Fishing Club Gun-a-Month Raffle winners for January, Ruger 357 Mag LCR Revolver, Nae Scanlan, Freeburg – February, $500.00 cash, Tom Schweizer, High Ridge Mo.
Edgar Holtgrewe, 88, passed away Friday January 29 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville. Friends may pay their respects at the Campagna Funeral Home in Okawville Thursday February 11. Memorial Services at St. Peter’s United Church of Christ, Stone Church Friday February 12 at 11:00am. Pastor Cherie Stolze and Pastor Nancy Shubert officiating, interment of ashes in the Church Cemetery.
A large gathering of relatives and friends were entertained at the home of Blake Wisneski and Serena Grapperhaus and Ryker in honor of Ryker’s second birthday on Saturday. I think they are going to have to add on to their house for all the toys.
Heard fried turtle was on the menu at Seg’s Place Sunday for a Super Bowl Party
Thursday Howard and Cindy McHenry traveled to Columbia, MO to be with family and friends for Howard’s Birthday on Friday. They returned to the area on Saturday for Ryker’s 2nd Birthday Party. On Sunday they entertained Stanly and Ora Mae Droege for a Super Bowl Party.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.
February Bizarre and Unique Holidays
February – Creative Romance Month
February 11th – Make a Friends Day
February 12th – Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday
February 14th – Valentines Day, What did you get your sweetie?
February 15th – President’s Day, third Monday of the Month
Erna Martens, 86, passed away Monday February 1 in the Extended Care Unit of the Washington County Hospital in Nashville. Friends paid their respects at The Campagna Funeral Home in Okawville on Thursday Evening. Funeral Services were held at St Salvator Lutheran Church on Friday at 11:00am with Pastor Art Eichhorn officiating, Interment in the Church Cemetery.
Blessings surround you everyday. To realize and appreciate our many Blessings, let’s follow the concepts listed here:
1. Live one day at a time. You can’t relive yesterday, it’s gone. Neither can you live tomorrow, it’s not here yer. Today is the present that’s why it’s called a “present”.
2. Count your many blessings. The world is full of trials, why count them? Besides, they detract and blind us of many good things.
3. Be a “giver” not a “getter”. The givers art the real winners in this world, givers are happy people.
4. Look for the good. There is good in every situation. Look for it. You will find it will set your course on a straight path of appreciation, while realizing many others are worse off than you.
5. do a good deed everyday. It is more fun if you do it anonymously.
6. Let nothing bother you. (If you do, it ruins a great day)
7. Practice being happy. Everyday we have a choice of our attitudes and that makes a big difference in the way we see our world.
8. Learn to laugh. Having a sense of humor is a great Blessing.
9. Change criticism to Praise. Build on the strengths, not weaknesses.
10. Go the extra mile for a friend. Let’s discover the Blessings around us and be happy everyday.
Steve and Gina Droege attended a disappointing hockey game between the St Louis Blues and the San Jose Sharks on Thursday evening at Scottrade Center
Gina Droege visited at the home of Veronica Liszewski Sunday afternoon, along with Stephanie Fahrner, Haley Fahrner and Julie Smith. Good food and fun was enjoyed.
“Believe you can and you’re half way there”