Ora Mae Droege 824-6326
St. Johns United Church of Christ, Johannisburg, IL
Rev. Bill Groennert, Pastor
8:30 am Sunday Morning Worship Service – We will be recognizing Graduates
“There is nothing more prized than true friendship.”
Memorial Day services will be held Sunday May 29 at 2 O’clock at Wennemann Park in St. Libory
Blake and Serena Wisneski returned home Saturday after spending the week, for their Honeymoon, in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
Wednesday was our monthly Girl’s Day Out, traveling the road to O’Fallon, where shops were visited, lunch was enjoyed at Gia’s Pizza. Returning home before the rain.
Did you know? Gardening is said to be one of the best exercises for maintaining healthy bones.
Hip-Hip Hooray! Steve and Gina Droege attended the St Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks hockey game at Scottrade Center Sunday evening for game one of the Western Conference Finals. Blues held off the Sharks for a 2 – 1 victory.
The United Church of Christ Clergy lunch was held at the Blue Room in New Minden Wednesday at noon
“Never Apologize for being awesome”
Bizarre and Unique Holidays
May – Older American Month, National Bike Week
May 19 – Boy’s Club Day
May 20 – National Bike to Work Day
May 21 – Armed Forces Day, flag half staff until sunset.
May 22 – Buy a Musical instrument Day
May 23 – Lucky Penny Day
May 24 – National Escargot Day
May 25 – National Missing Children Day
If you didn’t see this on the TV News Saturday, you could be a weather person in the morning. If the bubbles in your coffee cup gather all in the middle of the cup, sunny and pleasant, if bubbles gather around the inside of the cup, unsettled weather.
Some area residents attended the Addieville Community Club Chicken Dinner on Sunday.
Rain, Rain Go Away!
Keep your clan (and your house) clean and dry with five surprising soggy-day solutions:
1. Dry shoes fast, put sodden sneakers in an old pillowcase and knot it shut. Dry on the lowest setting of your dryer. The pillowcase will catch any dirt that flakes off.
2. Fix broken umbrellas, thread a sewing needle with dental floss then make a running stitch through the umbrella fabric and the metal where you want it to reattach.
3. Protect kid’s phones, stash resealable plastic bags in your kid’s backpack so they can bundle all their valuables inside.
4. Nix mildew smells, add a few drops of a fragrant essential oil in your air filter or air vent.
5. Keep floors slip free, leave plastic grocery bags in a tote by the front door. When people arrive, they can bag their dripping belongings.
Entertain the grade school troops on a wet day. Raid your pantry for toothpicks and bags of mini marshmallows to create a simple building activity for budding architects. See who can build the biggest tower or the silliest looking animal. It’s OK to eat a few, too!
“Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.”