Nashville Community High School
Phone: (618) 327.8286 Fax: (618) 327.4513
Web Address: Nashville-k12.org
Tesha Maschhoff X250; Becky Luessenheide X381; Susan Boosinger X251
End of Semester Reminders:
1. Students are to attend each exam period at the scheduled time appropriate to their classes. The exception to this would be students who have 7th period PE or study hall (last exam period – 3rd day). These students may obtain an off grounds permit for 7th period with prior parental permission only.
2. Students will remain in the classroom for the length of the exam period. Students should not be in the hallways for any reason during the exam periods.
3. Exams must be given during the scheduled time. Any deviation from this must be cleared by administration in advance.
4. The semester exam is worth 15% of the semester grade.
5. Exams are a course requirement. All students must take the semester exam to pass a class.
6. Each exam period will be 90 minutes in length.
7. Students are not allowed to leave the building during breaks.
8. Students will be given second semester schedules before they leave for winter break.
9. Students who fail required classes for the first semester should contact the Counseling Office about repeating the course!
10. Semester Exam Schedule:
a. Monday, December 19: Period 1 exam
b. Tuesday, December 20: Periods 2, 3, and 4 exams
c. Wednesday, December 21: Periods 5, 6 and 7 exams
11. The second semester begins on Tuesday, January 3.
Attention Senior Parents – Financial Aid: One of the first steps of the college financial aid process is completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form. The FAFSA enables students who qualify to receive federal/state grants, scholarships, as well as to participate in work-studies programs. This form was available for submission on October 1. ALL senior parents are reminded to fill out and submit their FAFSA form as soon as possible! Time is running out! Additional financial aid websites to check out are: studentportal.isac.org, collegecost.ed.gov, and www.FSAPubs.gov.
Kaskaskia Foundation Scholarships: The Foundation scholarship application is open and ready for students to start applying! Follow the link below to get started: https://apps.kaskaskia.edu. Students will need to create a log in and after that it will take them to the same screen where they apply to be a student. On the right hand side is the scholarship application button. Students will need their KC id numbers for their application.
Scholarships: As we receive information on scholarships, they will posted on the Counseling Office webpage at: https://sites.google.com/a/nashville-k12.org/scholarships/. Scholarships are now being added. Please check the list once a week.
College Fairs: As we encourage students to apply early to college, we also encourage parents and students to be educated about their decisions. An excellent avenue to find out about various colleges is a college fair. Listed below is the next college fair in our region.
St. Louis Metro East Baccalaureate College Fair
Southwestern Illinois College
2500 Carlyle Ave.
Belleville, IL 62221
Sunday, February 26, 2016
College Fair: 1:30-3:30
Financial Aid Workshops: 1:45-2:15 and 2:30-3:00
FAFSA Completion Assistance: 1:30-3:30 (Walk-in)
SAT Prep Class: Webster University will be hosting a one day workshop on Saturday, February 25 from 8:00 AM-2:30 PM. Cost is $50. For more information, call 314-246-4214 or 1-800-753-6765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ACT Testing Dates: The next ACT with open registration is February 11. Registration is due by January 13. Additional testing dates this year are April 8 and June 10. Registration is typically due 5 weeks before the testing date.
Students may register at www.ACTStudent.org. Our high school code is 143-110.
SAT Testing Dates: The next SAT with open registration is January 21. Deadline for registration is December 21. Additional SAT testing dates for the year are March 11, May 6, and June 3. Registration is typically due 5 weeks before the testing date.
Student may register at www.collegeboard.org. Our high school code is 143-110.