Those struggling with long-term or chronic diseases have a new resource for help in Washington County. There will now be a series of workshops from 6:30 to 8:00 pm on Monday evenings, January 9 through February 6, at the Washington County Hospital Conference Room
These workgroups are sponsored by the Clinton County and Washington County Health Departments, the South Central Illinois Medical Reserve Corps and Washington County Hospital.
The workshops are designed to help you:
• Develop a “tool box” to build personal resilience.
• Respond more positively to frustration, adversity, chronic fatigue and pain.
• Communicate more effectively with family, friends, and health care professionals
• Avoid self-medicating behaviors that may lead to addictions and other health issues.
• Choose exercise, nutrition and smart eating habits.
• Find new ways to combat feelings of isolation and access to care issues.
To register or for more Information, call (618) 594-2723 ext. 330, or email firstname.lastname@example.org