Ora Mae Droege 824-6326
St. Salvator Lutheran Church, Venedy. Rev. Art Eichhorn, Pastor. 7:30 pm: December 24, Christmas Eve Children’s Christmas Program. 10:00 am: Christmas Day Worship, The Nativity of Our Lord. Isaiah 52: 7 – 10, Hebrews 1: 1 – 12, John 1: 1 – 18
St. John’s United Church of Christ, Johannisburg. Rev. Bill Groennert, Pastor. Saturday December 24th, 5:00pm, Christmas Eve Sunday School Program. No Services Christmas Day. Please remember our mission project for November & December is New Athens Home.
May the Love Jesus brings fill your Christmas with lasting Joy and Peace.
With the weather conditions recently, Thank God we are safe, and those who had hardships, keep them in our Prayers.
Keep Louis Steinkamp on your Prayer list as he is still hospitalized.
Ora Mae Droege entered Memorial East Hospital in Shiloh last Saturday, December 10, She returned home on Wednesday afternoon diagnosed with blood clots in legs and lungs. Prayers please.
Some family & friends gathered at the home of Blake & Serena Wisneski and Ryker Saturday evening for a Reveal Party. It was revealed that Ryker will be a big brother to his sister in May. Congratulations.
Steve & Gina Droege attended a disappointing St Louis Blues 4 & Chicago Blackhawks 6 hockey game Saturday evening at Scottrade Center in St Louis
Family and friends gathered at the home of David & Tiffany at rural Millstadt Sunday afternoon in honor of David’s 35th Birthday.
Let Christmas come into our world and bring us warmth and cheer. Bring us Faith in place of doubt and Strength in place of fear. Bring us Hope and bring us Love to guide our hearts forever. Let Christmas come into our world and bring us all together.
Unique and Special Holidays
December 22: National Date Nut Bread Day
December 23: Festivus – for the rest of us
December 24: National Egg Nog Day
December 25: Christmas Day
December 26: Boxing Day
December 27: National Fruit Cake Day
December 28: Card Playing Day
The Carolers made their annual rounds thru Venedy and Johannisburg Sunday Evening. It was much appreciated.
Clever uses for Club Soda:
1. Protect your hair – Rinse with club soda after a dip in the pool. The fizz helps combat the damage caused by chlorine.
2. Make fluffier pancakes – Nix the salt and substitute club soda for half the milk in your favorite recipe. The carbonation gives the batter extra lift.
3. Soothe a troubled tummy – Club soda contains sodium bicarbonate, which is an antacid used to treat heartburn, indigestion and upset stomach.
4. Clean cast-iron pans – Simplify scrubbing by pouring some soda in a still-warm skillet. The bubbles help keep food particles from sticking.
5. Water houseplants – Don’t pour out a bottle that’s gone flat – use it to give your flowers and plants a drink. The potassium and other minerals will enrich the soil.
Happiness and Good Health is my Christmas Wish for you and a Happy New Year!