By Alex Haglund
The city held a bid opening for Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) appropriations for the coming year on Tuesday, March 14.
The items, and bids approved by the city council at their regular meeting on Thursday, March 16, are:
• 250 tons B.A.M. Bituminous Mixture Number One, with a bid of $45.73 per ton for a total of $11,432.50 from Glen D. Snead, Inc. of Nashville.
• 700 tons of Aggregate CA-6, bid of $11.59 per ton, total cost $8,113, from Beelman Logistics, LLC, of East St. Louis.
• 200 tons of Bituminous Pre-Mix Cold Mix, Bid of $85 per ton, total cost, $17,000, Glen D. Snead, Inc.
• 164.86 Tons of Emulsified Asphalt, Type HFE 150 – two bids: $414 per ton, total cost, $68,252.04, Don Anderson Company, of Hoffman, or $418.28 per ton, total $68,957.64, from JTC Petroleum, of Maryville. Bid from Don Anderson Company was approved by council.
• 600 tons of Sealcoat Aggregate, CM13L8-32, delivered to city stockpiles – two bids: $19.75 per ton, total cost, $11,850, Beelman Logistics, or $23.25 per ton, total cost $13,950 from JTC Petroleum. Bid from Beelman was approved.
• 1,200 tons of Sealcoat Aggregate, CM13L8-32, loaded from city stockpiles and spread, $5.50 per ton, $6,600 total, Glen D. Snead, Inc.
• 200 tons of re-swept Sealcoat Aggregate, CM13L8-32, loaded and spread, $5.75 per ton, $1,150 total, Glen D. Snead, Inc.
The MFT bids were approved by the city council, but the appropriation is contingent on approval by the Illinois Department of Transportation.