Meyer’s Greenhouse Celebrates 50th Anniversary
In 1967 Roland and Loretta Meyer started a small hobby greenhouse in their backyard when they lived on W. St. Louis St. Nashville.
In 1968 they moved to Lebanon St. and started Meyer’s Greenhouse. Roland was still working as a full-time mechanic and Loretta was working part-time at the hospital.
In 1978 they moved to the west end of town, behind the grocery store which is now Moeller Bros. That same year they hired their first full-time employee, Deb Tuttle.
A second location was opened in Pinckneyville in 1984.
In 1992 the greenhouse was relocated to its current location on W. St. Louis St.
In 2012, Roland and Loretta retired and their daughter Shelby Meier and husband Cory took over the family business.
Meyer’s currently has five full-time employees and seasonal help.
Meyer’s Greenhouse and Nursery is located at 1471 W. St. Louis Street in Nashville.
They can be reached by phone at (618) 327-3712. They are on Facebook at facebook.com/Meyers-Greenhouse-Nursery-287189714719264/