Tim Malacarne from St. Peter’s in Okawville, who built a sturdy shelving unit to accommodate the donations.
Area Churches Carry Out Collection In Honor Of Mothers
In honor of Mother’s Day, the 10 United Church of Christ Congregations in Washington County collected diapers and wipes for the UCC Food Pantry in Irvington.
Some other local churches and individuals also contributed. Thank you for all the donations. These will be distributed to families with young children.
The Food Pantry is housed in the Friedens UCC parsonage in Irvington.
The Ministry Team Representatives are from each of the 10 UCC Churches in Washington County:
• Zion in Addieville – Shirley Richards
• St. Mark’s in DuBois – Rosemary Johannes
• Zion in Hoyleton – Janet Klie
• Friedens in Irvington – Sonya Germann and Pastor Stacy Tate
• St. John’s in Johannisburg-Christy and Dan Koenigstein
• St. Paul’s in Nashville-D’Ann Demoss and Pastor Bev Kahle
• St. Paul White Church in Okawville-Fern Klasing
• St. Peter’s in Okawville-Ellen Krohne
• St. John’s in Plum Hill-Shirley Eigenrauch and Rev. Don Jones
• St. Peter’s in Stone Church-Sue Lange
Jane Dick is the Treasurer and Priscilla Self is the Secretary, both from St. Peter’s in Okawville. Sheryl Lehde from St. Paul’s in Nashville is the Food Buyer.
This Food Pantry is open to Washington County residents one day a week:
1st , 4th and 5th Saturdays from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.; 2nd and 3rd Sundays from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
The location is 303 South 3rd St. in Irvington, next to the Friedens UCC Church.