Updated to include Irvington Grade School:
The schools of Washington County have been providing food for school age children since the state mandated school shutdown began on March 17. Beginning Monday, March 30 we will increase the food pick-up points. The schedule is as follows:
- Breakfast and lunch can be picked up at Nashville Grade School, Nashville High School, TSJ, and Hoyleton Trinity Monday to Friday. Breakfast is served from 8:30 to 9:15 and lunch can be picked up from 11:45 to 12:30.
- St. Ann’s will hand out breakfast and lunch together on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:30 to 12:30.
- Food can be picked up at Ashley Grade School Monday to Friday from 9-11. Please call by 1:30 the day before to tell them how much you need. They serve breakfast and lunch together.
- Oakdale Grade School offers pick-up every Tuesday from 12-1. They provide food for multiple days at this time. Please call by Monday at 1:00 to get food from there.
- Beginning Monday, March 30 there will be additional pick-up locations added. There will be a bus at the following locations on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at the specified times. There will be a bus at The Nashville Community Center from 10:00 to 10:15, pavilion #1 at the park in Nashville from 10:20 to 10:35, and the church in Beaucoup from 10:50 to 11:05. A bus will also be stopped at the bus stop by The Blue Room in New Minden from 10:00 to 10:15 and St. John’s schoolhouse from 10:20 to 10:35. These spots will be handing out bags with two days of breakfast and lunch.
- There is also a pick-up spot in Dubois at the Gateway elevator. It will be at 11:00 each day.
- West Washington County School District will distribute breakfast and lunch from 11:30 to 12:00 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The pick-up locations will be the back parking lot of the school, Waller’s Market, The Venedy Lutheran Church, Addieville Community Club, and Covington Church parking lot.
In addition to food Nashville CCSD #49 students will be able to get Accelerated Reader books from the bus at the New Minden stops on Monday. Mrs. Harper will have a variety of A.R. books for the kids to choose from.
Irvington Grade School will be continuing its meal delivery system throughout the mandated school closure. A school bus carries meals and homework packets once a day to about 31 homes in the district. If you are in the district and would like to be on the route, call the grade school at (618) 249-6439 or email email@example.com.