This Post Has Been Updated as of 12/22 after the Washington County Health Department Made Corrections to Their Release
Washington County Health Department Press Release 12/21/20
24 New lab-confirmed cases of COVID have been reported in Washington County 12/19-12/21:
- 11-15: 1 Male
- 16-19: 1 Female; 2 Males
- 20s: 3 Females; 1 Male
- 30s: 1 Female; 2 Males
- 40s: 4 Males
- 50s: 1 Female; 2 Males
- 60s: 2 Females; 2 Males
- 80s: 1 Female; 1 Male
Two additional deaths were reported since 12/18/2020. A female in her 90s and a male in his 80s were both on isolation for active COVID at the time of their passing.
Total Case count: 1082
- Active: 124 (42 are linked to outbreaks)
- Released from isolation: 950
- Active hospitalized: 2 Total hospitalized: 44
- Deaths: 12 (8 active, 4 released)
Staff are working through cases as quickly as we can; however, as case counts rise, there may be a delay in our office contacting you. During these delays, please do the following until you hear from our staff:
- If you are told you have tested positive, ISOLATE yourself from others. Do not be in contact with anyone else.
- If you have been told you are a close contact or believe you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID19, quarantine at home and watch for signs of illness.
You may also call our office to get preliminary instructions. 618-327-3644.